Join us when novelists Mary F. Burns, Gayle Feyer, Michael Llewellyn, and Ciji Ware share their secrets of writing about such artists as Edgar Degas, John Singer Sargent, and architect Julia Morgan, as well as entirely fictional artists who lived during the same era of the exciting new art movements of the latter half of the 19th century and the very beginnings of the 20th century. They will discuss how to depict a visual medium with only words on a page and also, the challenges of writing about a real artist, whose creations are available to everyone online, in museums and in books, and thus completely open to comparison and critique. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event. Sponsored by the Historical Novel Society, Northern California Chapter.
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- Domingo 9 de Octubre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Jueves 20 de Octubre de 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Sábado 22 de Octubre de 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones