Join us when novelists Mary F. Burns, Gayle Feyer, Michael Llewellyn, and Ciji Ware share their secrets of writing about such artists as Edgar Degas, John Singer Sargent, and architect Julia Morgan, as well as entirely fictional artists who lived during the same era of the exciting new art movements of the latter half of the 19th century and the very beginnings of the 20th century. They will discuss how to depict a visual medium with only words on a page and also, the challenges of writing about a real artist, whose creations are available to everyone online, in museums and in books, and thus completely open to comparison and critique. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event. Sponsored by the Historical Novel Society, Northern California Chapter.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- 星期二, 2015年10月13日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- 星期三, 2015年10月14日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- 星期日, 2015年10月18日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B