A world of girders and cable, that's where Mack Hale works, supervising the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge. In its shadow is a world of hopes and fears. That's where Lynn Palmer works, aiding travelers stranded in an unforgiving city during the depths of the Depression. From 1935. 72 minutes.
San Francisco Public Library's theme for the summer is our own great City!
Don't forget to check out our June 5th presentation, "The Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen". Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge. 6-7:30pm.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Norma Rae
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Personal Digital Archiving: Video
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, DIGI Center
- The Book of Eli
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room