A world of girders and cable, that's where Mack Hale works, supervising the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge. In its shadow is a world of hopes and fears. That's where Lynn Palmer works, aiding travelers stranded in an unforgiving city during the depths of the Depression. From 1935. 72 minutes.
San Francisco Public Library's theme for the summer is our own great City!
Don't forget to check out our June 5th presentation, "The Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen". Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge. 6-7:30pm.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film --The House on Telegraph Hill
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- House of Temptation
- Sunday, July 27, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Films for Adults - A League of Their Own (1992)
- Monday, July 28, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room