A world of girders and cable, that's where Mack Hale works, supervising the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge. In its shadow is a world of hopes and fears. That's where Lynn Palmer works, aiding travelers stranded in an unforgiving city during the depths of the Depression. From 1935. 72 minutes.
San Francisco Public Library's theme for the summer is our own great City!
Don't forget to check out our June 5th presentation, "The Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen". Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge. 6-7:30pm.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Mad Max Fury Road (2015; 120 mins)
- Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - The Music Man
- Thursday, May 26, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- School Age Films
- Thursday, May 26, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room