A world of girders and cable, that's where Mack Hale works, supervising the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge. In its shadow is a world of hopes and fears. That's where Lynn Palmer works, aiding travelers stranded in an unforgiving city during the depths of the Depression.
San Francisco Public Library's theme for the summer is our own great City!
Don't forget to check out our June 5th presentation, "The Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen". Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge. 6-7:30pm.
- Films for Adults - Sahara (1943)
- Lunes 22 de Septiembre de 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Film Night at the Library
- Miércoles 24 de Septiembre de 2014Park, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Reel-to-Reel 16 mm Preschool Films
- Jueves 25 de Septiembre de 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones