A world of girders and cable, that's where Mack Hale works, supervising the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge. In its shadow is a world of hopes and fears. That's where Lynn Palmer works, aiding travelers stranded in an unforgiving city during the depths of the Depression.
San Francisco Public Library's theme for the summer is our own great City!
Don't forget to check out our June 5th presentation, "The Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen". Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge. 6-7:30pm.
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- Viernes 24 de Febrero de 2017, 3:45 pmBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Lunes 27 de Febrero de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Lunes 27 de Febrero de 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones