When filmy spores fall from space and take root in San Francisco, the city is beautifully transformed by spectacular and exotic flowers. But these lovely extraterrestrial blossoms have gruesome plans for their earthly admirers. These blossoms are going to slowly clone human bodies and then dispose of the originals. From 1978. 117 minutes.
San Francisco Public Library's theme for the summer is our own great City!
Don't forget to check out our June 5th presentation, "The Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen". Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge. 6-7:30pm.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Up
- Thursday, August 25, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Friday, August 26, 2016, 3:30 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room