The Bosnian-Serb siege of Sarajevo, from spring 1993 until winter 1996, was the longest in modern history. With electricity, water and food supplies cut off and only sporadically supplied, at least 11,541 citizens were shot by snipers or killed by mortars. Today Sarajevo is a rich, vibrant city with stunning architecture and a lively arts and culture scene. Join us for a panel discussion on contemporary Sarajevo.
Related exhibit: Survival in Sarajevo: Jews, Muslims, Serbs and Croats Working Together During the Bosnian War, 1992-1995, Main Library, Skylight Gallery, January 18 – March 16, 2014.
- Inside Out: Student Art & Literature
- 星期四, 2016年6月9日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Rear Window
- 星期四, 2016年6月9日, 6:00 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室
- Mary Cassatt, Berthe Morisot and Five Fabulous Women Artists of the 1800's - a slide lecture by Marlene Aron
- 星期二, 2016年6月28日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B