The author of The Amoeba in the Room, Nicholas Money, explores the extraordinary breadth of the microbial world and the vast biological diversity that can be detected only through molecular methods.
Money shows that that most of life isn't classified as either plant or animal and that we have failed to comprehend the full spectrum of life on earth, which is far more diverse than previously imagined.
Money's engaging work considers this diversity in all its forms, exploring environments from the backyard pond to the ocean floor to the "mobile ecosystem" of our own bodies.
Book signing to follow.
Reservations: This is a Free lecture - seating is limited making advanced ticketing required. To reserve a place, email email@example.com or phone 1(877) 227-1831.
This is a California Academy of Sciences and Stegner Environmental Center Program.http://www.calacademy.org/events/lectures/
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Improve Home Comfort with SF's Home Upgrade Program
- Sábado 27 de Agosto de 2016, 1:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- The Newbies Guide to Cannabis & The Industry
- Martes 6 de Septiembre de 2016, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Sun Prints
- Sábado 10 de Septiembre de 2016, 2:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones