The author of The Amoeba in the Room, Nicholas Money, explores the extraordinary breadth of the microbial world and the vast biological diversity that can be detected only through molecular methods.
Money shows that that most of life isn't classified as either plant or animal and that we have failed to comprehend the full spectrum of life on earth, which is far more diverse than previously imagined.
Money's engaging work considers this diversity in all its forms, exploring environments from the backyard pond to the ocean floor to the "mobile ecosystem" of our own bodies.
Book signing to follow.
Reservations: This is a Free lecture - seating is limited making advanced ticketing required. To reserve a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1(877) 227-1831.
This is a California Academy of Sciences and Stegner Environmental Center Program.http://www.calacademy.org/events/lectures/
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- An Omnivorous Family's Dilemma
- Sábado 12 de Diciembre de 2015, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Holiday Crafts with Recycled Materials
- Sábado 12 de Diciembre de 2015, 2:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Children's Area
- Solar Solutions for Climate Change!
- Sábado 19 de Diciembre de 2015, 3:30 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones