Dorothea Lange's photograph, The Migrant Mother, is one of the most recognized images in the world, a haunting portrait that came to represent the suffering of America’s Great Depression. Dyanna Taylor, granddaughter of the iconic photographer, will screen a 30 minute excerpt from her film, Dorothea Lange: Grab a Hunk of Lightning, which will air on PBS's American Masters on Friday, August 29 at 9 p.m. Taylor will be joined in conversation by writer Elizabeth Partridge, Lange’s goddaughter, who wrote the companion book to Taylor’s film. They will share their experiences about growing up with Lange, and how she influenced their lives and creative work. Join us after the program for a book signing with Elizabeth Partridge. Co-sponsored by KQED, PBS and American Masters. Book sales by Readers Books.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Triplets of Belleville
- Jueves 28 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Film: Godzilla
- Sábado 30 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Films for Adults: Lady From Shanghai
- Lunes 1 de Junio de 2015Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones