The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Dark Passage (1947) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, and X-Men.
In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and a former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved red bridge.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Film Screening of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 5:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Preschool Videos
- Thursday, February 18, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Thursdays at Noon film series - Their Eyes were Watching God
- Thursday, February 18, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium