The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Dark Passage (1947) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, and X-Men.
In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and a former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved red bridge.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Letter
- Thursday, July 2, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior 2015
- Thursday, July 2, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Family Movie: Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast
- Friday, July 3, 2015Chinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room