In the late 1920s San Francisco, the retired Pinkerton detective turned pulp crime writer, Samuel Dashiell Hammett, is dragged into a mystery right out of one of his own stories, in a moody and atmospheric homage to pulp mysteries, film noir and the City.
Hammett is called on to return a favor by a private eye pal, who insists he investigate a missing girl in Chinatown. The trail starts simply but leads to crooked officials, slavery rackets, and ultimately to the source of the big money... Join us for a little-seen noir film that evokes The Big Sleep, Chinatown and The Maltese Falcon.
Starring Frederic Forrest, Peter Boyle, Marilu Henner, Lydia Lei & Elisha Cook Jr. Directed by Wim Wenders; based on the novel by Joe Gores; score by John Barry.
1982 -- 97 min. -- Rated PG
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Martes 30 de Agosto de 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Jueves 1 de Septiembre de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Jueves 1 de Septiembre de 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones