Four remarkable Chinese mothers’ and their American daughters’ extraordinary lives are filled with love and tragedy, richness and magic. This epic film, based on the best-selling novel by Amy Tan, beautifully reveals startling events and conditions that have shaped the lives of several generations of Chinese women. Rated R. 139 minutes. 1993
Library film festival showing movies set in and/or filmed in San Francisco.
- Audio-described Movie Monday
- Monday, November 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- The Lego Movie
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Films for Adults: Shadow of a Doubt
- Monday, December 1, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room