Four remarkable Chinese mothers’ and their American daughters’ extraordinary lives are filled with love and tragedy, richness and magic. This epic film, based on the best-selling novel by Amy Tan, beautifully reveals startling events and conditions that have shaped the lives of several generations of Chinese women. Rated R. 139 minutes. 1993
Library film festival showing movies set in and/or filmed in San Francisco.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- A View to a Kill
- Saturday, October 4, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room