Four remarkable Chinese mothers’ and their American daughters’ extraordinary lives are filled with love and tragedy, richness and magic. This epic film, based on the best-selling novel by Amy Tan, beautifully reveals startling events and conditions that have shaped the lives of several generations of Chinese women. Rated R. 139 minutes. 1993
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
Library film festival showing movies set in and/or filmed in San Francisco.
- Teen Movie: Mockingjay Pt.2
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Desk Set
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- On Life's Terms: Mothers in Recovery
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium