Please join us for a film screening and post-film discussion with staff from the SF Food Bank.
50 million people in the U.S. – one in four children – don’t know where their next meal is coming from, despite our having the means to provide nutritious, affordable food for all Americans.
Following three people who are struggling with food insecurity, A Place at the Table shows us how hunger poses serious economic, social and cultural implications for our nation, and that it could be solved once and for all, if the American public decides - as they have in the past - that making healthy food available and affordable is in the best interest of us all.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- A View to a Kill
- Saturday, October 4, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.