Please join us for a film screening and post-film discussion with staff from the SF Food Bank.
50 million people in the U.S. – one in four children – don’t know where their next meal is coming from, despite our having the means to provide nutritious, affordable food for all Americans.
Following three people who are struggling with food insecurity, A Place at the Table shows us how hunger poses serious economic, social and cultural implications for our nation, and that it could be solved once and for all, if the American public decides - as they have in the past - that making healthy food available and affordable is in the best interest of us all.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Movie and a Meal -- Akeelah and the Bee (2006)
- Viernes 20 de Enero de 2017, 3:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- Sábado 21 de Enero de 2017, 2:00 pmPark, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- Sábado 21 de Enero de 2017, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.