A Vision of Angels (Owl Canyon Press is on one hand, a page-turning thriller) A terrorist threat for Easter Sunday in Jerusalem sets off a chain of events that weave together the lives of an American journalist, Israeli war hero, Palestinian farmer, and Arab-Christian grocer. On the other hand, it's a commentary: There's a lot in the book about torture in the Israeli prison system as well as systematic human rights violations of other kinds. Raised a Zionist, Tim lived in Jerusalem in the mid-1990s, managing a US government multimillion-dollar project to assist Palestinian businesses regain market access. He has said he would like his Angels to do for the Palestinians what Leon Uris's book Exodus did for the Jews: Give them a fair and sympathetic shake.
Timothy Jay Smith's first published novel, Cooper’s Promise, was selected by Kirkus Reviews as one of the Best Books of 2012 and won the 2008 Paris Prize for Fiction; his first staged play won the prestigious Stanley Drama Award.
- Radar Reading Series
- Miércoles 12 de Marzo de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- God's Hotel with Author Dr. Victoria Sweet
- Sábado 22 de Marzo de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- In Sickness As In Health:
- Sábado 22 de Marzo de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil