A Vision of Angels (Owl Canyon Press is on one hand, a page-turning thriller) A terrorist threat for Easter Sunday in Jerusalem sets off a chain of events that weave together the lives of an American journalist, Israeli war hero, Palestinian farmer, and Arab-Christian grocer. On the other hand, it's a commentary: There's a lot in the book about torture in the Israeli prison system as well as systematic human rights violations of other kinds. Raised a Zionist, Tim lived in Jerusalem in the mid-1990s, managing a US government multimillion-dollar project to assist Palestinian businesses regain market access. He has said he would like his Angels to do for the Palestinians what Leon Uris's book Exodus did for the Jews: Give them a fair and sympathetic shake.
Timothy Jay Smith's first published novel, Cooper’s Promise, was selected by Kirkus Reviews as one of the Best Books of 2012 and won the 2008 Paris Prize for Fiction; his first staged play won the prestigious Stanley Drama Award.
- Audio-described Film - Freeheld
- Viernes 24 de Junio de 2016, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Author Discussion: Aloha Kahuna Soul
- Sábado 25 de Junio de 2016, 2:00 pmOcean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones
- Cheddar: America's Most Iconic Cheese
- Miércoles 29 de Junio de 2016, 6:00 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- Celebrating The Past/Creating The Future
- Hasta Domingo 7 de Agosto de 2016Biblioteca Central, Galería Jewett
- Out At The Library
- Hasta Domingo 7 de Agosto de 2016Biblioteca Central, Galería Skylight
- Queer & Quirky: OBJECTifying Ourselves
- Hasta Domingo 7 de Agosto de 2016Eureka Valley, Eureka Valley: Área Principal