Longfellow Deeds lives in a small town in Vermont, writing poetry for greeting cards and playing the tuba in the town band. His contented life comes to a halt when he inherits a fortune from a distant uncle. Before long Deeds is living in the big city – and being preyed upon by an unscrupulous attorney and a hard-nosed reporter from a sensationalist daily newspaper. Fortunately, it’s hard to cheat an honest man!
Frank Capra directed this film, for which he won his second Best Director Academy Award. He delayed filming for six months until Gary Cooper became available to play Longfellow Deeds, as Cooper was his only choice for the role.
Black and white; 115 minutes.
- Films for Adults - In Bruges (2008)
- Monday, April 21, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Chinese Movie: Confucius
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- The Artist
- Thursday, April 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium