Longfellow Deeds lives in a small town in Vermont, writing poetry for greeting cards and playing the tuba in the town band. His contented life comes to a halt when he inherits a fortune from a distant uncle. Before long Deeds is living in the big city – and being preyed upon by an unscrupulous attorney and a hard-nosed reporter from a sensationalist daily newspaper. Fortunately, it’s hard to cheat an honest man!
Frank Capra directed this film, for which he won his second Best Director Academy Award. He delayed filming for six months until Gary Cooper became available to play Longfellow Deeds, as Cooper was his only choice for the role.
Black and white; 115 minutes.
- Preschool Videos
- Jueves 19 de Enero de 2017, 10:30 am
- Thursdays at Noon films- Incredible Shrinking Man & Attack of the 50 foot Woman
- Jueves 19 de Enero de 2017, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Exploring World Cinema: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Jueves 19 de Enero de 2017, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones