Longfellow Deeds lives in a small town in Vermont, writing poetry for greeting cards and playing the tuba in the town band. His contented life comes to a halt when he inherits a fortune from a distant uncle. Before long Deeds is living in the big city – and being preyed upon by an unscrupulous attorney and a hard-nosed reporter from a sensationalist daily newspaper. Fortunately, it’s hard to cheat an honest man!
Frank Capra directed this film, for which he won his second Best Director Academy Award. He delayed filming for six months until Gary Cooper became available to play Longfellow Deeds, as Cooper was his only choice for the role.
Black and white; 115 minutes.
- 2016 Fall Teen Book Trailers
- Miércoles 28 de Septiembre de 2016, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- 2016 Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Miércoles 28 de Septiembre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Preschool Videos
- Jueves 29 de Septiembre de 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil