Longfellow Deeds lives in a small town in Vermont, writing poetry for greeting cards and playing the tuba in the town band. His contented life comes to a halt when he inherits a fortune from a distant uncle. Before long Deeds is living in the big city – and being preyed upon by an unscrupulous attorney and a hard-nosed reporter from a sensationalist daily newspaper. Fortunately, it’s hard to cheat an honest man!
Frank Capra directed this film, for which he won his second Best Director Academy Award. He delayed filming for six months until Gary Cooper became available to play Longfellow Deeds, as Cooper was his only choice for the role.
Black and white; 115 minutes.
- Movie and a Meal -- Akeelah and the Bee (2006)
- 星期五, 2017年１月20日, 3:00 pmPotrero 分館, Potrero 分館會議室
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmPark 分館, Park 分館會議室
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室