Longfellow Deeds lives in a small town in Vermont, writing poetry for greeting cards and playing the tuba in the town band. His contented life comes to a halt when he inherits a fortune from a distant uncle. Before long Deeds is living in the big city – and being preyed upon by an unscrupulous attorney and a hard-nosed reporter from a sensationalist daily newspaper. Fortunately, it’s hard to cheat an honest man!
Frank Capra directed this film, for which he won his second Best Director Academy Award. He delayed filming for six months until Gary Cooper became available to play Longfellow Deeds, as Cooper was his only choice for the role.
Black and white; 115 minutes.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- 星期一, 2017年2月27日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- 星期一, 2017年2月27日, 3:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- Video Studio: Open House
- 星期三, 2017年3月1日, 4:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl