Join us when author Joshua Kendall discusses his new book
America’s Obsessives: The Compulsive Energy that Built a Nation.
In this book Kendall examines some key factors behind staggering success. This book provides a compelling look at how personality disorders can rule and ruin a life, and how those who come to terms with their constraints can achieve great things. After defining the ”obsessive innovator” through the lives of tech legends Steve Jobs and Larry Ellison, this book profiles seven iconic figures—Thomas Jefferson, HJ Heinz, librarian Melvil Dewey, sexologist Alfred Kinsey, Charles Lindbergh, baseball slugger Ted Williams and cosmetics entrepreneur Estée Lauder. While these super-achievers toiled in different arenas, they had one thing in common: all achieved greatness by giving free rein to burning obsessions and compulsions that dated back to childhood.
A book sale with Readers Books follows the event.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Sábado 1 de Abril de 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Miércoles 5 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Jueves 6 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras