Most of us have periods of romance with the cities where we live. For Gary Kamiya, life-long San Francisco Bay Area resident—and co-founder of Salon—the romance has never died. As a tribute to that romance he’s penned a kaleidoscopic love letter to the city in Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco, which combines the deep knowledge of an old-timer with the wide-eyed curiosity of a newcomer. Join the author as he discusses the cool gray city we all love. A book sale and signing will follow the talk.
Cool Gray City of Love draws on everything from on-the-ground reporting to obscure academic papers to Kamiya’s experience of San Francisco to create an extraordinarily rich and lyrical portrait of a magical corner of the world. There’s no question that Cool Gray City will make you fall more madly for San Francisco. But it also infects you with a new appreciation for every place you’ve ever loved.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Thursday, April 6, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio