Most of us have periods of romance with the cities where we live. For Gary Kamiya, life-long San Francisco Bay Area resident—and co-founder of Salon—the romance has never died. As a tribute to that romance he’s penned a kaleidoscopic love letter to the city in Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco, which combines the deep knowledge of an old-timer with the wide-eyed curiosity of a newcomer. Join the author as he discusses the cool gray city we all love. A book sale and signing will follow the talk.
Cool Gray City of Love draws on everything from on-the-ground reporting to obscure academic papers to Kamiya’s experience of San Francisco to create an extraordinarily rich and lyrical portrait of a magical corner of the world. There’s no question that Cool Gray City will make you fall more madly for San Francisco. But it also infects you with a new appreciation for every place you’ve ever loved.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- Sunday, October 18, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B