For Love of the Game (1999, 129 minutes)
Directed by Sam Raimi. On the heels of one of the most exciting seasons in baseball history, Kevin Costner ("DANCES WITH WOLVES") stars as Billy Chapel, an All-Star pitcher who comes face to face with hard personal choices as his career is winding down. Preparing for the final game of the season, Billy finds himself caught in the worst situation he's ever been in - not only is he about to be traded after 18 seasons with the Detroit Tigers, the woman he's been with for several years is about to leave him. Against this backdrop, Billy begins pitching the greatest game of his long and glorious career against the New York Yankees, the most feared team in baseball. Kelly Preston ("JERRY MAGUIRE") gives an enchanting performance as Jane Aubrey, the love of Billy's life, in this romantic drama.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room