A Better Life (2011, 97 minutes)
Carlos Galindo always dreamed of a better life for his family when he crossed the border into the U.S. After years of hard work and trying to set an example for his son, he finds himself drifting apart from Luis, who has become an impressionable American teen. Worried that Luis will soon be lost to him forever, Carlos takes what little money he has and invests it all into his own gardening business. However an expected turn of events takes Luis and Carlos on a journey where they discover that family is the most important thing of all.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room