A Better Life (2011, 97 minutes)
Carlos Galindo always dreamed of a better life for his family when he crossed the border into the U.S. After years of hard work and trying to set an example for his son, he finds himself drifting apart from Luis, who has become an impressionable American teen. Worried that Luis will soon be lost to him forever, Carlos takes what little money he has and invests it all into his own gardening business. However an expected turn of events takes Luis and Carlos on a journey where they discover that family is the most important thing of all.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Norma Rae
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Personal Digital Archiving: Video
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, DIGI Center
- The Book of Eli
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room