A Better Life (2011, 97 minutes)
Carlos Galindo always dreamed of a better life for his family when he crossed the border into the U.S. After years of hard work and trying to set an example for his son, he finds himself drifting apart from Luis, who has become an impressionable American teen. Worried that Luis will soon be lost to him forever, Carlos takes what little money he has and invests it all into his own gardening business. However an expected turn of events takes Luis and Carlos on a journey where they discover that family is the most important thing of all.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl