Centering on the historic fight to win marriage equality in Maryland, The New Black takes viewers into the pews, the streets and the kitchen tables as it looks at how the African American community grapples with the divisive gay rights issue. A panel discussion follows the film.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Saturday, July 30, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center Exhibit Space
- In the Heart of the Sea (2015)
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Celebrating The Past/Creating The Future
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Jewett Gallery
- Out At The Library
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Skylight Gallery
- Queer & Quirky: OBJECTifying Ourselves
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Eureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area