Centering on the historic fight to win marriage equality in Maryland, The New Black takes viewers into the pews, the streets and the kitchen tables as it looks at how the African American community grapples with the divisive gay rights issue. A panel discussion follows the film.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Summer Movie: Up
- Friday, July 1, 2016, 1:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Black Hollywood Unchained Book and Panel Discussion
- Sunday, July 3, 2016, 1:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Tuesday Film Nights
- Tuesday, July 5, 2016, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Capturing Resilience
- Through Thursday, July 14, 2016Main Library, Mix: General Floor Area - 2nd Fl
- Celebrating The Past/Creating The Future
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Jewett Gallery
- Out At The Library
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Skylight Gallery