Join Jennie Hinchcliff and members of the SF Correspondence Co-op to celebrate Dia de los Muertos. Attendees will create artful postcards and are encouraged to write, reflect, and correspond with loved ones -- creating short poems known as calaveras -- in the spirit of the holiday. Artwork created during the afternoon can be kept as a keepsake or mailed to friends. All postcards completed and mailed from the event will receive a special commemorative hand cancellation. Related exhibit: A Little Piece of Mexico - Postcards of Guillermo Kahlo and His Contemporaries, Main Library, Jewett Gallery, September 18 – December 29, 2013
This program is part of ¡VIVA!, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- ¡Viva! Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Mission, Mission General Floor Area
- Tengo Tango
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- ¡Baila conmigo! Dance with Me, Maria Luna!
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Anza, Anza Meeting Room
- Papel Picado Banners!
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Destiny Arts-Capoira
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Zumba Basics
- Friday, September 26, 2014Main Library, Children's Storytelling Room