Join Jennie Hinchcliff and members of the SF Correspondence Co-op to celebrate Dia de los Muertos. Attendees will create artful postcards and are encouraged to write, reflect, and correspond with loved ones -- creating short poems known as calaveras -- in the spirit of the holiday. Artwork created during the afternoon can be kept as a keepsake or mailed to friends. All postcards completed and mailed from the event will receive a special commemorative hand cancellation. Related exhibit: A Little Piece of Mexico - Postcards of Guillermo Kahlo and His Contemporaries, Main Library, Jewett Gallery, September 18 – December 29, 2013
This program is part of VIVA, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- Music with Miguel and Susan Govea.
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014Marina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Tertulias Literarias
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014
- Children's Mural Workshop with Precita Eyes Mural Arts
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Paper Flowers
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Papel Picado Banners!
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Destiny Arts-Capoira
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room