Historian Hillary Don discusses his book, Across the Pacific Ocean with Paddle Steamship China. From 1867 to 1879, the wooden, sidewheel-paddle steamship boldly carried thousands of transpacific ocean passengers- including William Seward and Anson Burlingame—over 6,000 hazardous nautical miles from San Francisco, California, to Yokohama, Japan, and Hong Kong, China. It helped unite the East and West coasts of the United States and developed trade between the youngest and two of the oldest civilizations in the world. Now only the aft deckhouse of the ship survives as “China Cabin” in Belvedere.
- * CANCELED * Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- 星期三, 2017年１月25日, 3:00 pmRichmond 列治文分館, Richmond 分館會議室
- At Home In Exile
- 星期三, 2017年１月25日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Thursdays at Noon films - Invasion of the Body Snatchers
- 星期四, 2017年１月26日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂