Historian Hillary Don discusses his book, Across the Pacific Ocean with Paddle Steamship China. From 1867 to 1879, the wooden, sidewheel-paddle steamship boldly carried thousands of transpacific ocean passengers- including William Seward and Anson Burlingame—over 6,000 hazardous nautical miles from San Francisco, California, to Yokohama, Japan, and Hong Kong, China. It helped unite the East and West coasts of the United States and developed trade between the youngest and two of the oldest civilizations in the world. Now only the aft deckhouse of the ship survives as “China Cabin” in Belvedere.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- 星期一, 2016年2月8日, 10:00 amBernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室
- 年長者和殘疾人士資源中心 (ADRC)
- 星期二, 2016年2月9日, 2:30 pmMain 總圖書館, 中央大廳
- Native Plants in our Local Landscape
- 星期二, 2016年2月9日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B