Historian Hillary Don discusses his book, Across the Pacific Ocean with Paddle Steamship China. From 1867 to 1879, the wooden, sidewheel-paddle steamship boldly carried thousands of transpacific ocean passengers- including William Seward and Anson Burlingame—over 6,000 hazardous nautical miles from San Francisco, California, to Yokohama, Japan, and Hong Kong, China. It helped unite the East and West coasts of the United States and developed trade between the youngest and two of the oldest civilizations in the world. Now only the aft deckhouse of the ship survives as “China Cabin” in Belvedere.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- 星期四, 2016年5月26日, 4:00 pmRichmond 列治文分館, Richmond 分館會議室
- War is a Lie
- 星期六, 2016年5月28日, 11:00 amMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- An Afternoon with Two Filipino-American Writers
- 星期六, 2016年5月28日, 3:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 公眾範圍