Historian Hillary Don discusses his book, Across the Pacific Ocean with Paddle Steamship China. From 1867 to 1879, the wooden, sidewheel-paddle steamship boldly carried thousands of transpacific ocean passengers- including William Seward and Anson Burlingame—over 6,000 hazardous nautical miles from San Francisco, California, to Yokohama, Japan, and Hong Kong, China. It helped unite the East and West coasts of the United States and developed trade between the youngest and two of the oldest civilizations in the world. Now only the aft deckhouse of the ship survives as “China Cabin” in Belvedere.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- 星期四, 2016年4月28日, 4:00 pmRichmond 列治文分館, Richmond 分館會議室
- An Evening with Fred Martin
- 星期四, 2016年4月28日, 6:30 pmWest Portal 分館, West Portal 兒童室開放時間
- AARP Smartphone Workshop
- 星期六, 2016年4月30日, 9:00 amPresidio 分館, Presidio 分館會議室