Historian Hillary Don discusses his book, Across the Pacific Ocean with Paddle Steamship China. From 1867 to 1879, the wooden, sidewheel-paddle steamship boldly carried thousands of transpacific ocean passengers- including William Seward and Anson Burlingame—over 6,000 hazardous nautical miles from San Francisco, California, to Yokohama, Japan, and Hong Kong, China. It helped unite the East and West coasts of the United States and developed trade between the youngest and two of the oldest civilizations in the world. Now only the aft deckhouse of the ship survives as “China Cabin” in Belvedere.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- 星期日, 2016年12月4日, 2:00 pmPortola 分館, Portola 公眾範圍
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- 星期一, 2016年12月5日, 10:00 amBernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室
- Frank Lloyd Wright and San Francisco
- 星期二, 2016年12月6日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂