Orpheus in the Underworld, by Jacques offenbach
'The Gods Do the Can-Can'
Classical mythology is turned upside down. Orpheus, the greatest of all musicians, takes the red eye to Hades to rescue his beloved Eurydice. But he becomes bored with her, and his violin playing drives her crazy! Only the gods and goddesses can save the day, by dancing the can-can. Once unleashed upon the world, the can-can becomes popular with performers of - ahem - a more worldly nature.
"Opera for the People" is a lecture series run by Larry Oppenheim. He is President of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra in the East Bay where he is co-principal oboe and solo English horn. He also writes the program notes. Larry's goal is to make classical music more enjoyable and accessible to "all the people".
- Bernal Celebrates Black History!
- Sábado 13 de Febrero de 2016, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Área Principal
- Hip-Hop Workshop for Kids
- Miércoles 17 de Febrero de 2016, 4:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 1 de Marzo de 2016, 10:30 am