Orlando, by George Frideric Handel
'The Battle Between Love and Reason'
The great soldier Orlando loves the queen Angelica who loves the prince Medoro, also loved in vain by the shepherdess Dorinda. Orlando cannot accept this and goes completely mad, threatening to fight everything in sight. Orlando's psychedelic hallucinations are ultimately cured - by the wise magician Zoroastro.
"Opera for the People" is a lecture series run by Larry Oppenheim. Larry is currently President of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra in the East Bay, where he is co-principal oboe and solo English horn. He also writes the program notes. Larry's goal is to make classical music more enjoyable and accessible to "all the people".
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Potrero Hill Flute Ensemble
- Saturday, September 6, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Zumba Basics
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area