Orlando, by George Frideric Handel
'The Battle Between Love and Reason'
The great soldier Orlando loves the queen Angelica who loves the prince Medoro, also loved in vain by the shepherdess Dorinda. Orlando cannot accept this and goes completely mad, threatening to fight everything in sight. Orlando's psychedelic hallucinations are ultimately cured - by the wise magician Zoroastro.
"Opera for the People" is a lecture series run by Larry Oppenheim. Larry is currently President of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra in the East Bay, where he is co-principal oboe and solo English horn. He also writes the program notes. Larry's goal is to make classical music more enjoyable and accessible to "all the people".
- just DANCE!
- Miércoles 25 de Noviembre de 2015, 3:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 1 de Diciembre de 2015, 10:30 am
- Sing-Along with Alison Faith Levy
- Miércoles 2 de Diciembre de 2015, 10:30 amChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones