This intergenerational presentation will showcase poetry and memoirs about the imprisonment of over 120,000 Japanese Americans in prison camps during World War II. Brian Komei Dempster--a third-generation Sansei--will read poems from his debut collection, Topaz, which looks at the lasting effects of wartime incarceration on his maternal family and younger generations. Along with Dempster, a group of former camp prisoners and mainly second-generation Nisei writers--Florence Ohmura Dobashi, Sato Hashizume, and Daisy Satoda--will present their first-person stories. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- We're All Terminal
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Gordon Edgar: aka the cheese guy
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Book Launch and Reading with KJ Landis
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room