Where have you been? Where are you now? Where are you going?
This class is a chance to:
- Sharpen your memories;
- Learn more about the meaning of your life;
- Share your story with others.
As one ages, life review becomes a key element in finding the meaning of life by looking back and examining events, accomplishments, significant relationships, and other important aspects of ones life journey. We will use enlightening and engaging approaches to reminiscing and life review. There will be many opportunities to be creative and to learn about yourself and others, in a supportive environment. Through discussion, novel exercises and readings this course provides a unique, structured opportunity to examine themes that run through your life, seek answers to some of life’s big questions, affirm what’s good about your life, and explore your future self.
- Where: Main Library - Latino Hispanic A&B
- When: Mondays, June 3 -- July 22, 2013
The instructor, Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience, and is formerly the Acting Chairperson of the Older Adults Department at City College of San Francisco. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
San Francisco Public Library and the City College Older Adults Program have partnered bring free, high-quality educational opportunities to older adults.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, October 24, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- "The Adventures of S. Phaeton" Radio Play
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 1:30 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Brain Fitness
- Monday, October 24, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- LinkedIn & Researching Companies Online
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 9:30 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.