Where have you been? Where are you now? Where are you going?
This class is a chance to:
- Sharpen your memories;
- Learn more about the meaning of your life;
- Share your story with others.
As one ages, life review becomes a key element in finding the meaning of life by looking back and examining events, accomplishments, significant relationships, and other important aspects of ones life journey. We will use enlightening and engaging approaches to reminiscing and life review. There will be many opportunities to be creative and to learn about yourself and others, in a supportive environment. Through discussion, novel exercises and readings this course provides a unique, structured opportunity to examine themes that run through your life, seek answers to some of life’s big questions, affirm what’s good about your life, and explore your future self.
- Where: Main Library - Latino Hispanic A&B
- When: Mondays, June 3 -- July 22, 2013
The instructor, Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience, and is formerly the Acting Chairperson of the Older Adults Department at City College of San Francisco. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
San Francisco Public Library and the City College Older Adults Program have partnered bring free, high-quality educational opportunities to older adults.
- Teen Computer Corps
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, October 25, 2014Portola, Portola General Floor Area
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, October 27, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Write Your Will Workshop
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- Basic Computer Class for Seniors
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Computer Lab