Where have you been? Where are you now? Where are you going?
This class is a chance to:
- Sharpen your memories;
- Learn more about the meaning of your life;
- Share your story with others.
As one ages, life review becomes a key element in finding the meaning of life by looking back and examining events, accomplishments, significant relationships, and other important aspects of ones life journey. We will use enlightening and engaging approaches to reminiscing and life review. There will be many opportunities to be creative and to learn about yourself and others, in a supportive environment. Through discussion, novel exercises and readings this course provides a unique, structured opportunity to examine themes that run through your life, seek answers to some of life’s big questions, affirm what’s good about your life, and explore your future self.
- Where: Main Library - Latino Hispanic A&B
- When: Mondays, June 3 -- July 22, 2013
The instructor, Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience, and is formerly the Acting Chairperson of the Older Adults Department at City College of San Francisco. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
San Francisco Public Library and the City College Older Adults Program have partnered bring free, high-quality educational opportunities to older adults.
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 2:30 pmMarina, Marina: Área Principal
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Healthy Living for Seniors
- Viernes 4 de Septiembre de 2015, 2:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Internet 101
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Zona de Computadoras
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sábado 5 de Septiembre de 2015, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones