Where have you been? Where are you now? Where are you going?
This class is a chance to:
- Sharpen your memories;
- Learn more about the meaning of your life;
- Share your story with others.
As one ages, life review becomes a key element in finding the meaning of life by looking back and examining events, accomplishments, significant relationships, and other important aspects of ones life journey. We will use enlightening and engaging approaches to reminiscing and life review. There will be many opportunities to be creative and to learn about yourself and others, in a supportive environment. Through discussion, novel exercises and readings this course provides a unique, structured opportunity to examine themes that run through your life, seek answers to some of life’s big questions, affirm what’s good about your life, and explore your future self.
- Where: Main Library - Latino Hispanic A&B
- When: Mondays, June 3 -- July 22, 2013
The instructor, Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience, and is formerly the Acting Chairperson of the Older Adults Department at City College of San Francisco. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
San Francisco Public Library and the City College Older Adults Program have partnered bring free, high-quality educational opportunities to older adults.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 8 de Septiembre de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Care Options for the Elderly:
- Martes 9 de Septiembre de 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- 3 Keys to Magnetic Social Media
- Miércoles 10 de Septiembre de 2014Glen Park, Glen Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 3 de Septiembre de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sábado 6 de Septiembre de 2014Excelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Teen Computer Corps
- Domingo 7 de Septiembre de 2014Ortega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones