Two-time National Book Award finalist Gene Luen Yang discusses his New York Times best-selling graphic novel diptych about China's Boxer Rebellion, Boxers & Saints, which the Times calls "remarkable." This groundbreaking story explores the Boxer Rebellion from both sides simultaneously -- which was right? He will discuss the conflict inherent in writing such a multifaceted story.
Graphic novelist Gene Luen Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. He was already an established figure in the indie comics scene when he published his first book with First Second, American Born Chinese. This book’s critical and commercial success, along with its status as a National Book Award finalist and winner of the Printz Award, catapulted Yang into stardom as a major voice of our times.A book sale and signing follows this event.
- Native Plants in our Local Landscape
- Martes 9 de Febrero de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Vietnamese Cooking for the Lunar New Year
- Miércoles 10 de Febrero de 2016, 6:30 pmGlen Park, Glen Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Celebrate with Kai-lan!
- Sábado 13 de Febrero de 2016, 2:30 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones