Two-time National Book Award finalist Gene Luen Yang discusses his New York Times best-selling graphic novel diptych about China's Boxer Rebellion, Boxers & Saints, which the Times calls "remarkable." This groundbreaking story explores the Boxer Rebellion from both sides simultaneously -- which was right? He will discuss the conflict inherent in writing such a multifaceted story.
Graphic novelist Gene Luen Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. He was already an established figure in the indie comics scene when he published his first book with First Second, American Born Chinese. This book’s critical and commercial success, along with its status as a National Book Award finalist and winner of the Printz Award, catapulted Yang into stardom as a major voice of our times.A book sale and signing follows this event.
- Author Talk: Working Stiff
- Miércoles 28 de Enero de 2015Ortega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Legendary Locals of the Richmond, Sunset, and Golden Gate Park
- Miércoles 28 de Enero de 2015Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Chinese Red Envelope Crafts
- Martes 3 de Febrero de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones