Two-time National Book Award finalist Gene Luen Yang discusses his New York Times best-selling graphic novel diptych about China's Boxer Rebellion, Boxers & Saints, which the Times calls "remarkable." This groundbreaking story explores the Boxer Rebellion from both sides simultaneously -- which was right? He will discuss the conflict inherent in writing such a multifaceted story.
Graphic novelist Gene Luen Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. He was already an established figure in the indie comics scene when he published his first book with First Second, American Born Chinese. This book’s critical and commercial success, along with its status as a National Book Award finalist and winner of the Printz Award, catapulted Yang into stardom as a major voice of our times.A book sale and signing follows this event.
- Grafton Tyler Brown
- 星期三, 2017年2月22日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Girls' Day Japanese Tea Ceremony
- 星期六, 2017年2月25日, 2:00 pmWestern Addition 分館, Western Addition Courtyard
- From Homelessness to Housing in San Francisco
- 星期三, 2017年3月1日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂