Hitchcock’s San Francisco thriller stars James Stewart as a retired detective suffering from acrophobia who is hired by an acquaintance to investigate the strange activities of his much-younger wife. Stewart becomes dangerously obsessed while tailing Kim Novak to gorgeous locations in and around San Francisco: Mission Dolores, Union Square, Fort Point, The Palace of the Legion of Honor, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, and many others.
Long regarded a great film, Vertigo replaced Citizen Kane as the best film of all time in the 2012 Sight & Sound critics' poll and has appeared repeatedly in best film polls by the American Film Institute.
Rated PG; 126 minutes; 1958
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- 2016 Fall Teen Book Trailers
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- 2016 Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Preschool Videos
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area