Grupo Falso Baiano performs a blend of traditional Brazilian choro music with modern influences of jazz, flamenco and samba. Choro is Brazil’s first national music, born in the cafés of Rio in the late 1800’s, and reflects the melding of Latin American and African rhythms with a melodic and harmonic structure most closely resembling Baroque Classical music. GFB's unique exploration of choro spans nearly 100 years, including everything from traditional to contemporary classics, as well as original arrangements and jazz-influenced reinterpretations.
BAND MEMBERS & INSTRUMENTS |
Zack Pitt-Smith: woodwinds; Brian Moran: seven-string guitar; Jesse Appelman: mandolin; Ami Molinelli: percussion
- New Homes New Beginnings
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 1:00 pmMission, Mission Children's Area
- Movie Night: La Bamba
- Thursday, September 10, 2015, 6:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Hecho a Mano / Made by Hand
- Saturday, September 12, 2015, 3:30 pmMission, Mission General Floor Area
- Queso Fresco Workshop
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Repujado: Tin Art
- Thursday, September 17, 2015, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Sabor a Salsa!
- Friday, September 18, 2015, 3:30 pmMission, Mission General Floor Area