Grupo Falso Baiano performs a blend of traditional Brazilian choro music with modern influences of jazz, flamenco and samba. Choro is Brazil’s first national music, born in the cafés of Rio in the late 1800’s, and reflects the melding of Latin American and African rhythms with a melodic and harmonic structure most closely resembling Baroque Classical music. GFB's unique exploration of choro spans nearly 100 years, including everything from traditional to contemporary classics, as well as original arrangements and jazz-influenced reinterpretations.
BAND MEMBERS & INSTRUMENTS |
Zack Pitt-Smith: woodwinds; Brian Moran: seven-string guitar; Jesse Appelman: mandolin; Ami Molinelli: percussion
¡VIVA! is the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, from September - October. See our ¡VIVA! Calendar (PDF) for a complete listing of events.
- Latin American Classical Guitar - CANCELED
- Saturday, September 24, 2016, 4:00 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Rincon Literario
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Paley Room - Floor 3
- Golden Gate Valley Mystery Book Club
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room