The Merola Opera Program and the San Francisco Public Library Main Branch are teaming up to show you some of the best operas captured on film! Merola Goes to the Movies showcases classic operas and performances, featuring some of the world’s greatest opera stars. Each film is preceded by a talk by one of our Merola experts, who will give you an insider’s look at the opera and interesting facts about the making of the film.
All screenings start at 1 PM in the Koret Auditorium.
Sunday, November 3rd
Starring: Placido Domingo, Katia Ricciarelli
Directed by Franco Zeffirelli
Rated PG; 124 minutes; 1986
This stirring drama of love and jealousy, ambition and vengeance is set against the splendor of the 15th century Venetian Republic. Director Franco Zeffirelli has brilliantly transferred to screen Verdi’s operatic interpretation of Shakespeare’s masterpiece. In Italian with English subtitles.
(Photo credit: David Wakely)
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 2 de Agosto de 2016, 10:30 am
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Jueves 4 de Agosto de 2016, 10:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Miércoles 10 de Agosto de 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones