While researching peer-reviewed articles on medical marijuana, local author Clint Werner discovered surprising scientific evidence: marijuana has anti-tumor properties and protects the brain from injury and aging. Clint wrote Marijuana Gateway to Health: How Cannabis Protects us from Cancer and Alzheimer's Disease. documenting the hard science that is often ignored.
Clint has degrees in journalism and library science and studied diet and health at the Kushi Institute in Boston. Relocating to San Francisco, Clint co-authored the San Francisco Police Department’s 1987 health and fitness plan and worked to create healthier diets and lifestyles for AIDS, cancer and heart disease patients.
Clint’s writing has appeared in many books and journals. His awards include the 2012 Peter McWilliams Award for activism and outstanding achievement in advancing the cause of Medical Marijuana by the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws and the 2013 Galileo Award by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, for his achievements and persistent efforts to research, study, educate and promote the use of medical marijuana.
- Author Talk: Dennis McNallly
- Martes 21 de Octubre de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Armistead Maupin in conversation with K.M. Soehnlein
- Jueves 23 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Author Talk with Kathryn Ma; The Year She Left Us
- Sábado 1 de Noviembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B