Pickles? Pickles? Pickles!
Lecture, Demonstration, and Tasting Session
In this Pickling 101 class Karen Solomon, cookbook author and expert pickler, will outline the processes, techniques, and equipment for making quick pickles, canned pickles (both vinegar-brined), and super-healthful fermented pickles. She will put together a crock of kraut in front of your very eyes! You will learn how to do all this yourself.
As time allows, Ms. Solomon will also share ideas on some of the more peculiar pickling possibilities from the fringes of preserved fruit and vegetables – soy sauce pickling, nuka (rice bran) pickling beds, salt-cured pickles, and more. We will leave discussion TIME, so bring your questions and your pickling passion!
Karen Solomon's books Can it, Bottle it, Smoke it and Other Kitchen Projects and Jam it, Pickle It, Cure It are available in the SFPL collection.
Her e-books Asian Pickles : Japan: Recipes for Japanese Sweet, Sour, Salty, Cured, and Fermented Tsukemono and Asian Pickles: Korea: Recipes for Spicy, Sour, Salty, Cured, and Fermented Kimchi and Banchan are available through SFPL. Two more e-books in the series, on Chinese and Indian pickles, will be released later this year.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Sábado 1 de Abril de 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Miércoles 5 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Jueves 6 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras