The AfroSolo Arts Festival 20 and the African American Center of the San Francisco Public Library will present a visual arts exhibit entitled “Reflecting the Light: Works Inspired by Ancestral Art Masters.” The show will pay homage to many of the Black American art masters; some who are frequently mentioned in the narratives of art and history, and some whose names rarely surface in those narratives.
Artist will exhibit works that are influenced by a “visual dialogue” with a particular work or series of works by artists such as the more known Romare Bearden and Elizabeth Catlett, as well as the lesser known but highly innovative and influential work of artist Noah Purifoy.
Curated by Michael Ross. Featured artist will include Candi Farlice, Ron Saunders, April Martin Chartrand and William Rhodes, among others.
Meet the Artists: Sunday, September 15, 1:30 PM, Latino/Hispanic Meeting Room, Lower Level, Main Library.
- Sábado 10 de Septiembre de 2016, 11:00 amBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Living with Pride: Ruth Ellis @100
- Domingo 11 de Septiembre de 2016, 2:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- CANCELLED: Greil Marcus: Racism in the Age of Obama
- Sábado 24 de Septiembre de 2016, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret