The AfroSolo Arts Festival 20 and the African American Center of the San Francisco Public Library will present a visual arts exhibit entitled “Reflecting the Light: Works Inspired by Ancestral Art Masters.” The show will pay homage to many of the Black American art masters; some who are frequently mentioned in the narratives of art and history, and some whose names rarely surface in those narratives.
Artist will exhibit works that are influenced by a “visual dialogue” with a particular work or series of works by artists such as the more known Romare Bearden and Elizabeth Catlett, as well as the lesser known but highly innovative and influential work of artist Noah Purifoy.
Curated by Michael Ross. Featured artist will include Candi Farlice, Ron Saunders, April Martin Chartrand and William Rhodes, among others.
Meet the Artists: Sunday, September 15, 1:30 PM, Latino/Hispanic Meeting Room, Lower Level, Main Library.
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Domingo 22 de Enero de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Daniel Jose Older
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 10:00 amBayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Hasta Martes 28 de Febrero de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro de Niños
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Hasta Jueves 2 de Marzo de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro Africano Americano