The AfroSolo Arts Festival 20 and the African American Center of the San Francisco Public Library will present a visual arts exhibit entitled “Reflecting the Light: Works Inspired by Ancestral Art Masters.” The show will pay homage to many of the Black American art masters; some who are frequently mentioned in the narratives of art and history, and some whose names rarely surface in those narratives.
Artist will exhibit works that are influenced by a “visual dialogue” with a particular work or series of works by artists such as the more known Romare Bearden and Elizabeth Catlett, as well as the lesser known but highly innovative and influential work of artist Noah Purifoy.
Curated by Michael Ross. Featured artist will include Candi Farlice, Ron Saunders, April Martin Chartrand and William Rhodes, among others.
Meet the Artists: Sunday, September 15, 1:30 PM, Latino/Hispanic Meeting Room, Lower Level, Main Library.
- Black Hollywood Unchained Book and Panel Discussion
- Domingo 3 de Julio de 2016, 1:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black Brothers Esteem: Then and Now Kick-Off
- Martes 12 de Julio de 2016, 5:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Galería Skylight
- Film: An American Ascent
- Miércoles 20 de Julio de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret