The AfroSolo Arts Festival 20 and the African American Center of the San Francisco Public Library will present a visual arts exhibit entitled “Reflecting the Light: Works Inspired by Ancestral Art Masters.” The show will pay homage to many of the Black American art masters; some who are frequently mentioned in the narratives of art and history, and some whose names rarely surface in those narratives.
Artist will exhibit works that are influenced by a “visual dialogue” with a particular work or series of works by artists such as the more known Romare Bearden and Elizabeth Catlett, as well as the lesser known but highly innovative and influential work of artist Noah Purifoy.
Curated by Michael Ross. Featured artist will include Candi Farlice, Ron Saunders, April Martin Chartrand and William Rhodes, among others.
Meet the Artists: Sunday, September 15, 1:30 PM, Latino/Hispanic Meeting Room, Lower Level, Main Library.
- Six Roses - Jazz Performance
- 星期三, 2016年6月29日, 7:00 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- Black Hollywood Unchained Book and Panel Discussion
- 星期日, 2016年7月3日, 1:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Black Brothers Esteem: Then and Now Kick-Off
- 星期二, 2016年7月12日, 5:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Skylight 畫廊