Retired nurse Arlene Jech, who writes on healthcare topics, discusses elder abuse prevention among community-dwelling seniors as well as in nursing homes. Before her retirement, she worked for the California Department of Public Health Licensing and Certification. As a nursing home inspector and supervisor, she inspected nursing homes for abuse as well as for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 25, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- A Prairie Home Companion: The Movie
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area