Set in futuristic 21st century, this action thriller tells of a race of vast and powerful computers who rule the Earth, using human beings as their energy source. The humans' passivity is ensured by a virtual reality device that convinces them they are experiencing life in the 20th century. When computer hacker Neo (Keanu Reeves) discovers that his seemingly normal life is nothing but an illusion, he opts to fight back.
Starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne,Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving
(Rated R; 136 minutes; 1999)
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- Make Your Own Leather Cuff Bracelet
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room
- Photographer Janet Delaney
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- Mission Bay Book Club
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room