‘The Fat Knight Gets His Comeuppance’
The scoundrel Falstaff attempts to seduce the wives of two rich townsmen. Alice Ford and Meg Page receive identical love letters from Falstaff; laughing, they resolve to teach him a lesson. Falstaff hides in a laundry basket which is thrown out a window into the Thames River. Falstaff falls victim to further pranks, but is able to laugh at himself at the end. Proclaiming that everyone was duped, he declares ‘all the world is but a jest’.
SF Opera is performing Falstaff from October 8 through November 2.
Opera for the People is a lecture series by Larry Oppenheim designed for both the opera novice and the experienced opera lover. In less than an hour, you’ll enjoy a guided tour of an opera which combines concise commentary with exciting video excerpts. If you are new to opera, you will discover the key anchor points to listen for. If you are an opera veteran, you will come away with new insights and a fresh perspective. And if you plan to attend a performance, your enhanced knowledge should increase your enjoyment!
Larry Oppenheim is president of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra (East Bay), where he is co-principal oboe, and also writes the program notes. Larry’s goal is to make opera more enjoyable and accessible to everyone – including those who may have never gone to an opera.
- Live Music! Gypsy Jazz Duets
- Sábado 25 de Marzo de 2017, 1:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Library for The Blind and Print Disabled Talent Show
- Sábado 25 de Marzo de 2017, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Classical Guitar Performance
- Sábado 25 de Marzo de 2017, 4:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Música