Mete Tasin was born in Würzburg, Germany but grew up in Turkey. He studied opera at Istanbul University and later received his Master’s degree in Music at Brooklyn College. Mete has performed with the New York City Lyric Opera in Carnegie Hall, where he sang Tybalt in Gounod's Romeo et Juliette. Local appearances include a lead role as Arlecchino in Pagliacci and the role of Gastone from La Traviata at Opera San Jose. He has also represented San Francisco City Opera at Union Street and North Beach Festivals. Mete will include songs from Western classical opera and the Turkish repertoire in his performance.
- 2016 - 2017 Opera Preview Lecture
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:30 am
- The Great American Folksong Revival
- Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area