Mete Tasin was born in Würzburg, Germany but grew up in Turkey. He studied opera at Istanbul University and later received his Master’s degree in Music at Brooklyn College. Mete has performed with the New York City Lyric Opera in Carnegie Hall, where he sang Tybalt in Gounod's Romeo et Juliette. Local appearances include a lead role as Arlecchino in Pagliacci and the role of Gastone from La Traviata at Opera San Jose. He has also represented San Francisco City Opera at Union Street and North Beach Festivals. Mete will include songs from Western classical opera and the Turkish repertoire in his performance.
- Opera for the People Lecture Series
- Sunday, April 26, 2015Noe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- The Gershwin Brothers and the Broadway Musical
- Wednesday, April 29, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room