Mete Tasin was born in Würzburg, Germany but grew up in Turkey. He studied opera at Istanbul University and later received his Master’s degree in Music at Brooklyn College. Mete has performed with the New York City Lyric Opera in Carnegie Hall, where he sang Tybalt in Gounod's Romeo et Juliette. Local appearances include a lead role as Arlecchino in Pagliacci and the role of Gastone from La Traviata at Opera San Jose. He has also represented San Francisco City Opera at Union Street and North Beach Festivals. Mete will include songs from Western classical opera and the Turkish repertoire in his performance.
- Live Music! Gypsy Jazz Duets
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Library for The Blind and Print Disabled Talent Show
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 2:00 pmMain Library, Library for the Blind
- Classical Guitar Performance
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Music Center - 4th Floor