|Marciel Gamino Murphy shares her experience with tamale making and why it is important for her and her family. Learn how to make tamals and have a taste of one in the library. Take home a tamal to steam up and enjoy later; plus get Marciel’s family recipe and start your own family tradition. Limited to 25 participants, ages 5 and up; children accompanied by adult. Pre-registration required.|
This program is part of VIVA, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- Music with Miguel and Susan Govea.
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014Marina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Tertulias Literarias
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014
- Children's Mural Workshop with Precita Eyes Mural Arts
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Paper Flowers
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Papel Picado Banners!
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Destiny Arts-Capoira
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room