|Marciel Gamino Murphy shares her experience with tamale making and why it is important for her and her family. Learn how to make tamals and have a taste of one in the library. Take home a tamal to steam up and enjoy later; plus get Marciel’s family recipe and start your own family tradition. Limited to 25 participants, ages 5 and up; children accompanied by adult. Pre-registration required.|
This program is part of ¡VIVA!, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- ¡Viva! Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Mission, Mission General Floor Area
- ¡Baila conmigo! Dance with Me, Maria Luna!
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Anza, Anza Meeting Room
- Tengo Tango
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Papel Picado Banners!
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Destiny Arts-Capoira
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Zumba Basics
- Friday, September 26, 2014Main Library, Children's Storytelling Room