This exhibition pays homage to great leaders of the past such as Fritz Pollard, the first African American to head coach for an NFL team, Oliver Lewis, the first African American winner of the Kentucky Derby, Vonetta Flowers, the first African American to win a medal in any winter Olympics game and many others. In visuals and text, the story of African American sports unfolds. Related exhibit: Breaking the Barriers: The ATA and Black Tennis Pioneers, Main Library, Skylight Gallery, September 28, 2013 - January 5, 2014.
- Natalie Baszile Book Talk and Discussion
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- African American Geneology
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area